LCGS is led by our visionary Church Council, which places strategic planning high on its priorities. The on-the-ground work is organized into various Ministry Teams and Committees. Our lay leaders work with our pastor and staff to enhance our service to one another and the world.
- Church in Society serves as our hub for service outside our doors.
Education coordinates our Sunday School and Vacation Bible School programs.
- Evangelism and Fellowship works to train the congregation in sharing the love of Jesus and oversees our website, Facebook page, and community publicity.
Stewardship/Finance promotes gratitude for all God’s blessings, encourages generous sharing of those gifts, and oversees the wise use of the congregation’s financial resources.
- Property tends our facility.
- Worship and Music decorates our worship space, plans special services, and coordinates a host of volunteers.
Youth plans and coordinates activities for the middle and high school youth, structured to provide opportunities for broad and meaningful spiritual growth.
- Audit Committee reviews our financial records to ensure all safeguards are in place and policies are followed.
Mutual Ministry serves as advocates for our pastor and as a resource for building up the Body of Christ within the congregation.
- Personnel Committee develops personnel policies, ensures that each staff person has a job description and annual review, handles personnel matters, and makes compensation recommendations for our non-clergy staff.
Other Congregational Organizations
Men’s Bible Study meets Saturday mornings to dwell in the Word.
Women of the ELCA/WELCA holds monthly gatherings of community-building organizes four social events throughout the year, and serves God through various efforts such as Cell Phones for Soldiers, Lutheran World Relief, Bible-a-Month, and Sun Street Center.